Exam time can be a very stressful period. Students face a lot of pressure from their parents and peers, and all this expectation can lead to worry and stress. All this worry and stress can affect the students’ well-being and even affect their performance too. The CBSE board exams are extremely important. It is the gateway to higher education. Students need to pass the CBSE Class 10 and Class 12 board exams with high marks to be able to choose their field of study.
But preparing for the CBSE Class 10 and Class 12 board exams doesn’t have to be difficult and stressful. With the right study strategies and learning practices, preparing for the board exams will be easy and stress-free. We’ve put together some effective strategies that’ll help you get ready for the exams without any stress. Along with these tips, we’ve included some essential things you need to know while you gear up for the CBSE board exams.
Tips to Crack the CBSE Board Exams
- Study plan: The first step to preparing for the CBSE board exams is to create a study timetable. Assign time slots for each subject and ensure that you’ve assigned more time for subjects you have trouble with. Make sure to study along with your classroom lessons and revise the covered topics and test yourself every 3-4 days. Test yourself on topics to check for any gaps in learning and work on them. Starting early will help you cover the entire syllabus well ahead of time and give you time for multiple revisions. Practice drawing maps, diagrams and deriving formulae to ensure you remember them.
- Exam pattern: One of the most important parts of getting ready for the CBSE board exams is understanding the exam pattern. This gives students an insight into the kinds of questions asked, the marks distribution, important topics, exam duration etc. Students can also learn to convert their grades to percentage, like how to calculate percentage of class 10 CBSE to get more clarity on their scores. All this boosts the students’ confidence and helps them face the exams without any fear.
- NCERT books: The NCERT books are the best guides for CBSE students to prepare for the exams. Almost 80%-90% of the questions that appear in the CBSE board exam question papers are from the NCERT books and question papers. Referring to these books will help students amp up their preparation and score high marks in the exams.
- Mock exams: One of the best ways to prepare for the exams is to self-assess yourself often. Solving previous years’ question papers, sample question papers etc. gives students an opportunity to understand the exam pattern. It also helps students spot frequently asked questions and important topics. It also gives them ample writing practice, which helps them learn to manage their time efficiently. This helps them learn to answer all the questions within the exam duration. Mock tests are also a great way to revise the syllabus and understand your strengths and weaknesses.
- Topper answer sheets: The answer sheets of previous years’ toppers are one of the best ways to learn how to score high marks. The CBSE topper answer sheets give students a peek into how to frame correct answers for questions to score high marks.
- Keep essentials ready: Along with studying, make sure to keep the exam essentials ready. Check the datesheet and other important notifications from the Board. Download and take a printout of your admit card and check to see if all the details mentioned in the admit card are right. Make sure to pack the admit card, identity card for ID proof, and stationery before the exam. Keeping all these ready beforehand helps avoid any last-minute panic.