If you are the owner of a car, then you will definitely understand that maintaining your car is very important as it keeps it in better shape for a longer duration. Whatever, best quality car you have purchased, if you do not do the maintenance in time, there is a high risk of breaking down.
It is always suggested to service your car at least once every quarter to figure out faults and defects. Here are some of the points for auto maintenance.
- Take care of the tires- frequently check the tyre pressure as this can help reduce wear and tear of the tires and provide better mileage.
- Keep the oil fresh– this is important for routine check as changing the car’s oil will help keep the engine in running condition. You can change the oil yourself or take it to a service centre.
- Check the fluids- the fluids present in the car have to be kept at appropriate levels to keep the car running properly. This includes checking the engine oil, coolant, power steering fluid, brake fluid and transmission fluid. If you identify any leakage fix it right away.
- Check the lights– this is to ensure safe drive. Replace any broken or fused lights as that might draw penalty.
- Engine air filter– Replace the engine air filters whenever required as this will prevent air and particulates from coming inside the car’s engine.
- Have the brakes checked– the brake pads of the car require regular attention. While driving, if you notice that there is any break noise and shuddering or vibrating of the brake pedal, change the brake pad right away.
- Change windshield wipers– with time the windshield wipers lose their efficiency. If you feel they are not working as they used to, change the windshield wipers during your next service. Remember worn out windshield wipers canleave scratch marks on the glass.
Lastly, make sure that you do routine check-up for your car. Some check-up can be done at home but for the advanced ones you have to visit a car servicing station. when you take your car for servicing make sure you speak to the technician if you have been noticing anything unusual about the car. This is to make sure that no problem is left unnoticed and is fully taken care of.