People undergo nose surgery, also known as rhinoplasty, for a variety of reasons. Some people may want to change the shape of their nose to improve their appearance, while others may want to correct breathing problems or congenital disabilities.
Advantages Of Nose Surgery
- Improved Appearance: Nose surgery can improve the appearance of the nose, making it more symmetrical and aesthetically pleasing.
- Improved Breathing: Nose surgery can help improve breathing by correcting structural defects in the nose that can cause difficulty in breathing.
- Improved Self-Confidence: Nose surgery can help improve self-confidence by improving the appearance of the nose.
- Reduced Risk of Injury: Nose surgery can reduce the risk of injury to the nose by correcting structural defects that can make the nose more vulnerable to injury.
- Improved Quality of Life: Nose surgery can improve the quality of life by improving the appearance of the nose and improving breathing.
Five Disadvantages Of Nose Surgery
· Risk Of Infection
Surgery on the nose carries a risk of infection, which can lead to further complications.
Scarring is a common side effect of any surgery, and nose surgery is no exception.
Numbness in the nose and face is a common side effect of nose surgery.
· Difficulty Breathing
In some cases, nose surgery can cause difficulty breathing.
· Unsatisfactory Results
There is always a risk that the results of nose surgery may be less desired.
How To Prepare For Nose Surgery?
Here are a few tips to prepare before nose surgery (เตรียมตัว ก่อน ทํา จมูก, which is the term in Thai)
- Stop Smoking: Smoking can interfere with the healing process after nose surgery, so it is essential to quit smoking at least two weeks before your surgery.
- Avoid Certain Medications: Certain medications can increase the risk of bleeding during and after surgery. Talk to your doctor about any medications you are taking and whether they need to be stopped before surgery.
- Eat Healthily: Eating a healthy diet can help your body heal faster after surgery. Make sure to eat plenty of fruits, vegetables, and lean proteins in the weeks leading up to your surgery.
- Get Plenty Of Rest: Make sure to get plenty of rest before your surgery. This will help your body heal faster and reduce the risk of complications.
How To Choose The Best Nose Surgeon?
Research the surgeon’s experience and qualifications. Look for a board-certified facial plastic surgeon who has extensive experience performing rhinoplasty. Ask to see before and after photos of the surgeon’s work. Learn about the surgeon’s approach to rhinoplasty and whether it aligns with your goals. Ask about the surgeon’s safety record. Ask about the surgeon’s post-operative care and follow-up. Know about the surgeon’s fees and payment plans.